Temporary Resident Visa (Philippines)

Here are the things you need to know about getting the Temporary Resident Visa (or otherwise known as 13-A Visa) in the Philippines:

  • First of all, you have to be married to a Philippine citizen to qualify for one.

Who are qualified?

  • An alien spouse and unmarried children under 21 years old of any Philippine citizen may apply for a TRV.

For how long is the TRV valid?

  • There is a probationary period of one (1) year for TRV holders. After the probationary period, you may be extend every two (2) years.

What are the benefits of a TRV holder?

  • basically, you will save some money on the fees for renewal of your tourist visa every 60 days
  • be employed in the Philippines
  • lease real property
  • own personal property
  • qualify for Philippine citizenship, after residence of five years.
  • Your Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) card will allow you to open a bank account solely on your name.

What are the Requirements?

  • Duly notarized letter of application by the Filipino spouse. (Download sample of letter of application in word document here. ) *Note: You need to have this letter notarized together with the General Application form that you can download through the link below.
  • General Application Form duly accomplished and notarized (Download this form: BI Form No. MCL-07-01, here.)
  • NSO issued Birth certificate of Filipino spouse (costs less than 200 PHP per copy, you can get this from your local National Statistics Office / NSO)
  • NSO issued Marriage Contract of alien and Filipino spouse or authenticated by the Philippine embassy/consulate nearest to or in the place where the marriage was solemnized
  • Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate (to be accomplished ; and
  • Photocopy of passport of alien spouse showing dates of arrival and authorized stay, and biopage

How much money should I prepare?

More information on moving to the Philippines.

Moving to the Beach? Consider Boracay Island.

Share This With Friends: